Sunday, September 18, 2011

Warm Dandelion and Blackberry Salad

The leaves are finally changing colour announcing the coming of fall, and I'm immediately drawn to wilder places than the city. So where's the perfect place to go? Point Pleasant Park of course! So off I mosy into the winding paths. Suddenly it strikes me: there is so much in this park that is edible! A dandelion puff here, a wild blackberry there, so I got down to foraging. Here's what I came up with the ingredients I found:

What I collected in the park:
Dandelion Greens
Clover Flowers
Blackberries

How I made it:
Washed the greens and blackberries thoroughly. Got a pot of water on the boil with a little sea salt, and threw the greens in for about 10 minutes so that they got nice and tender. While those were on the boil, fried up a quarter of a diced onion with a little garlic in some olive oil. When the greens were done cooking, strained them and added them in the pan with the onion, and seasoned with some sea salt and pepper. When everything was nice and mixed together, plated them and grated a generous amount of Gruyere cheese (from the market of course) on top, placed a heaping pile of wild blackberries on top and garnished with a clover flower (which is 100% edible, yum). Om nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment